New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Clarkey

Re: New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Post by Clarkey »

Hi folks, new member from the UK, with an interest in renewables and energy scavenging for reducing net domestic demands on grid systems.

We have a (bought) solar water heating on our roof that works well in UK weather (more cloud and rain than direct sunlight for PV) and I'm currently weighing up some design ideas for a self-build parabolic trough CSP. Heat engines offer interesting options for converting any heat generated to electricity, so I've a lot of threads here to read!
Best,
Keith
CincyD

Re: New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Post by CincyD »

Hi everyone. New member with an interest in climate friendly sustainable living. I don't have a engineering background or anything but I am persistent at creating for solutions when I have goal. I'm mainly interested in mid to high power linear models for residential power generation. Im glad this forum exists and hope to contribute in some way. Thanks -Derrick
Oliveira

Post by Oliveira »

Hello everybody
Thanks so much for letting me be a part of this forum. I hope to learn a lot from all of you my friends.
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

HIForum thanks for letting me in your group .I have been retired a couple of yrs now fron the building industry. I have always made things and did infact 3/4 built the myfort boy engine but never completed it due to lathe issues .i have made several full size moror driven Daleks , rocking horses load of steampunk stuff and now i have joined i have built the free plans on here for the sterling walking engine alas it hasnt ran yet i think my soldering has let me down so im redoing the displation chamber .so thats it for now my next post i hope to say i have now got a working engine night all best widshes .Brian
razvitm

Post by razvitm »

Hi everyone, I've been looking at stirling engine videos on the web for years and finally decided to build one and then I found this amazing forum full of useful info and decided to join.
mmm

Post by mmm »

Hi. I'm real, and hope to understand and build a stirling engine one day.
Kaoron

Post by Kaoron »

Hi. I saw some flickering leds and heard a beating "tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk" sound, so I entered.
Kazem

Post by Kazem »

I'm glad to be here and I hope to share our information to improve each other's knowledge.
Ronin93

Post by Ronin93 »

I'm glad to find this forum - I have come up with a design which I believe meets the criteria for a Stirling engine. I am interested in discussing this idea and its possible applications,
Stevewright2

Post by Stevewright2 »

Hallo, new member in Scotland, 75 miles from Galston, Ayrshire, where lived the Reverend Robert himself. I'm interested in solar as the heat source for a very DIY effort.
Lance b

Post by Lance b »

Hello I'm Lance, and just like messing with sterling engine ideas. Just ordered intro to ltd ster end by senft. That's about it for now
ugly_toad

Post by ugly_toad »

Hi there,
Just someone who recently took an interest in stirling engines... I have no experience with engineering or mechanics, but I'm looking to learn as much as I can. Not even sure where to start.
NorthWoodsEngineer

Post by NorthWoodsEngineer »

Hi,

I am a mechanical engineer who primarily works on fixed/floating offshore wind turbines. My specialty is floating systems and controls. Outside of work I want to make small-scale energy & energy saving systems more accessible. Always been drawn to stirling engines for their simplicity and broad application.
astergen

Post by astergen »

Hi! This place seems amazing, ever since I learned of sterling engines I have been fascinated to no end. I can't wait to learn more and share what I manage to do!!
nicoechaniz

Post by nicoechaniz »

Hello,

I am Nico from Argentina. I am part of AlterMundi.net an NGO dedicated to the development of appropriate technology for rural communities.
You can check out some of our work on youtube: https://youtube.com/AlterMundiNet (mostly in spanish)

We have been developing mesh networking tech, both hardware and software for many years. Last year we resumed work on other areas, mainly related to automatization of small sized rural production processes.

For this year we will also be working on low cost energy solutions and that´s why I´m here in the forum. I will send a specific question in a more appropriate section of the Forum :)

Cheers!
NicoEchániz