My first Stirling Engine

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
verx2753

My first Stirling Engine

Post by verx2753 »

Hello, I am very interested in knowing how to make a Stirling Engine, I have tried to make one, but the truth is that, with the little information I get from Youtube videos, I have not been able to build one that works, I always end up improvising some things and that impairs the operation of the engine
What dou you recommend?
Some pages where specific information comes? Help me!
skypupbob

Re: My first Stirling Engine

Post by skypupbob »

The boyds tin can engine is fairly easy to construct and runs very well. This site is part of the forums, but I don't know if you have seen it.
I will post the link, check out the whole site and maybe you can find the information you need to help you get a running engine.
Here it is, stirling/
Bumpkin

Post by Bumpkin »

I like that Boyd engine; and there seems to be more plans available there since I’s; well, it’s hell getting old.
Tom Booth

Post by Tom Booth »

verx2753 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:42 pm Hello, I am very interested in knowing how to make a Stirling Engine, I have tried to make one, but the truth is that, with the little information I get from Youtube videos, I have not been able to build one that works, I always end up improvising some things and that impairs the operation of the engine
What dou you recommend?
Some pages where specific information comes? Help me!
What sort of "improvising".

Which YouTube videos did you try following?

Any pictures?

How do you know your "improvisations" are what is impairing the operation if you never got any engine working in the first place?