Stirling engine and cooler?

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
dlaliberte

Re: Stirling engine and cooler?

Post by dlaliberte »

The multiple oscillating and interacting physical attributes, including the temperature and pressure in various parts but also the moving displacer, rotating flywheel, and more, leads me to wonder about the effects of resonance. I just happened to come across this recent video, which touches on many possibly relevant patterns of resonance, though in the realm of springs and pendulums.

https://youtu.be/MUJmKl7QfDU
Tom Booth

Re: Stirling engine and cooler?

Post by Tom Booth »

Thanks for the input, and ideas.

The biggest problem I've encountered is just getting anyone interested enough in these alleged phenomenon to look into it.

The usual response, as can be seen earlier in the thread, (as well as on [especially on] some science and physics forums) has been that my time would be better spent studying "known" and/or well established thermodynamics principles to get my head straight, as if, without that, experimentation is meaningless and irrelevant. Get with the program and stop trying to look behind the curtain.

Anyway, going to the source, I can report that my assumption about the zero (and below) pressure readings in the real time PV diagram video were correct:

Clip from the video comments:
Resize_20221109_043644_4898.jpg
Resize_20221109_043644_4898.jpg (175.6 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
The rapid response from the experimenter is much appreciated.

I'm interested to see what the response may be regarding the possibility of also taking temperature readings.