New Members PLEASE read! - OR, having problems registering, being deactivated

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
dalegribble

Re: "Hi" We are new here!

Post by dalegribble »

Hi y'all it's me, Dale.
Very interesting stuff you Guys have here.

Yours truly
Dale
flufy

Post by flufy »

Hi, I'm Paul from the UK.
I am currently building my first stirling engine, looking for hints & tips.
TJ4Stirling

Post by TJ4Stirling »

Hi there, I'm new here!

I have some big plans for a Stirling engine design, though will have lots of questions before I build my first one. Stay tuned...
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

Start small, and to a known design, then you can think big, first you have to get one going. Best wishes. Ian S C
edward.singletary

Re: Registering, and Deactivated...PLEASE READ!

Post by edward.singletary »

Thank you, I am here and new to the Forum.
edward.singletary

Hi, I am new on the Forum. I am a Power Mechanics teacher and I have twelve teams of four High School kids building their first Stirling engine.
brianhughes

Post by brianhughes »

Like it says, I'm new here- what would you like to know? I'm in the UK, I'm interested in biomass energy and and all the potential spin-offs. To date, I've been experimenting with charcoal gasifiers, with a modest bit of success, but the charcoal production process is producing so much spin-off heat that *not* trying to extract some power with a Stirling would be a bit of a waste. First thing is to get something working with tin cans and a diaphragm- are there any drawbacks to diaphragms, rather than pistons? The only real question is working out the crank radii- is there a rule of thumb? I'll have a browse through the archives, and hopefully put together something soon.
FemmeVerbeek

Post by FemmeVerbeek »

Hi, I'm new in the forum. I'm a physics engineer in the Netherlands.
Femme is actually my name. It's got nothing to do with the french word for female as I am male.
There are a few things I like to discuss, for which I will post separate topics.
edward.singletary

Hi, wanted to stay active on the Forum. My Power mechanics class has completed three stirling engines and in the trouble shooting stage. The running gear is binding on all three but once we get the kinks out I think the engines will run.
MSOEStirlingTeam

Post by MSOEStirlingTeam »

Following suit:

My name is Charlie and I am one of four mechanical engineering seniors working on a project to develop a Stirling for stationary electricity generation. I put a post up on the main website, but I thought that this couldn't hurt either!

Our project will look into simulating some of the dynamics driving the free-piston engine design, as well as modelling and optimizing some heat transfer characteristics in the hot-side of the engine. We have already written an 85 page report on our research progress thus far, and we hope to bring much more over the coming months!
tomostre

Post by tomostre »

thanks, lots of curious and practical info here. I got questions and some know-how to share
stuffandthings

Post by stuffandthings »

Hi!

I've recently been fascinated by Stirling engines, and I'm doing a project on them.

The people on this forum have been super helpful!
patrickkang

Post by patrickkang »

Hi guys! Nice to meet you all here! :big smile:
jwegmann

Post by jwegmann »

Welcome all of you new Members,friendly,to this wonderfull Forum on Stirling Engines.
My first comment is that this challenge to be better than IC engines needs in my oppinion a multidisciplinary effort, and all of you are a potential plus to? the main target,not defined yet,meaningfull is to reach a concensus on defining that target, my friend ready to critisize might be the RCM, CNC is of most importance due to tight tollerances to seal,and mechanical components be reliable and long lasting, honig to lapping from metals to composites, perhaps ceramics, 3-D tools machines also wanted for drives and crakshafts and pistons,great, welcome brothers,in the universe we are al different,our integration around the forum,is vital,marine engineers, as I did, in spite of being airforce cadet,have close experience,sometimes dramatic when you have an engine failure, and a storm behind,I am also Yacht Captain,and Marine torpedo boat for a while,fishing vessels marine enginer,naval architect,and 2 chief engineer department,1980 designed a 1200 tons register,with a twin Fiat GeneralElectric turbines,7000 HP each, tested in 2002 by USA Marine battle ship.I designed a deep sea Submersible 1000 m depth,and I was the second Master to apply SAP 4,Finite Elements,IBM 370,16 years later I exposed my first class in theoretical expressions of method,miracle is "SHARING"experience,
be comfortable here,and write me for anything, it´ll be a pleasure,Cheers and Welcome all.
jorgealdobr

Post by jorgealdobr »

Hi ! I am there !

My name is Jorge Aldo and i am from Brazil.

I study mechatronics at a local technical school.