Cant find old website

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
Wellington

Cant find old website

Post by Wellington »

I once remember seeing a website that sold a huge selection of stirling engines in the links section of this forum. I think it was a german website. Does anyone know the site i mean?
Thanks
Wellington
Ian S C

Re: Cant find old website

Post by Ian S C »

The German site that I know of would be that of Bohm Stirling Technic, they make a number of novelty Stirling Engines. I'v got the Type HB 7, a little horizontal GAMMA motor, not really a brilliant design as far as easy running, you have to take the piston out each time you run it , and clean the bore and the piston.
Ian S C
[img]
DSC01049 (640x480).jpg
DSC01049 (640x480).jpg (161.18 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
[/img]
Wellington

Post by Wellington »

Ian S C wrote:The German site that I know of would be that of Bohm Stirling Technic, they make a number of novelty Stirling Engines......
Thanks Ian. A real nice website. They must have spent years honing their craft.
Wellington.
cbstirling2

Post by cbstirling2 »

Quite the contrary. Boehm engines are junk imho. Make it run before you make something pretty.
CBStirling2
cbstirling2

Post by cbstirling2 »

This engine Japan is pretty and a superb runner.
Generates meaningful power.
Less expensive than Boehm as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Desktop-Stirli ... 2136054651
I think the engine had a limited production run as the manufacturing company seems out of business.
CBStirling2
Ian S C

Post by Ian S C »

One immediate problem is the power cylinder and piston. The cylinder is brass I think, unless it's anodized aluminium, the piston is a stainless steel cup shape, the open end of the cup goes into the cylinder, that part being dead space, the con rod connects to the bottom of the cup/piston. I think I may bore out the cylinder and put in a cast iron liner, then make a proper piston from cast iron, with the flat end going into the cylinder as it should. I will then see about putting fins on the cylinder for cooling.
cbstirling, the Ross Yoke motor in your link looks good, I'm sure it would produce more than .6 of a Watt. Don't know where the microphone was in the video, the motor makes quite a bit of noise.
Ian S C