I am planning to build a beta engine. I have found these “rules” about the measurements that a Stirling engine should have.
- i. length of displacer chamber L = 3 times its diameter.
- ii. length of heater chamber = 2/3L.
- iii. length of cooler = 1/3L.
- iv. swept volume of displacer = 1.5 times swept volume of piston cylinder.
- v. length of displacer = 2/3L and stroke = 1/3L.
I also wonder how big the flywheel should be. Is it a specific mass or diameter it should have for best performance?
I’m very thankful for all answers I can get.