Philips Genset remade

Discussion on Stirling or "hot air" engines (all types)
EtudeSt

Philips Genset remade

Post by EtudeSt »

Hi All,

Since 3 years, I have a GenSet MP1002CA.
It's absolutely unofficial, but it's maybe possible, per coincidentally, that I can have access to some copies of this genset done by the help of a big "band".
Is somebody is interested by one ? And at what price (around) ?

The GenSet(original) in run :
Wellington

Re: Philips Genset remade

Post by Wellington »

If you can deliver one to my front door at the right price and show me it working I would likely buy one along with many other people but frankly your post is very vague. From What I have read only 100 or so of these engines were ever made and as you will know many stirling collectors would like to own one. I don't mean to be rude, but I was always told that when something seems too good to be true, 99% of the time it usually is.

PS. I also have some precious rock hard, stronger than carbon steel lighter than plastic unobtainium metal for sale if anyone is interested...:)
Wellington

Post by Wellington »

Ive just read your first post showing details of the engine you have aquired and it would seem you are legit, and so i will be helping myself to a large portion of humble pie :). I'm curious to know (as I'm sure are others) what your plans are to reproduce this engine and what you mean by a "big band"?.
.Wellington.

At the right price I would imagine you might get quite a bit of interest if you can deliver on your goals. Have you decided to clone this engine yet and if so at what stage are your plans?
Wellington.
PS. The Unobtainium has sold out. sorry :)
Triangle.Stirling

Post by Triangle.Stirling »

EtudeSt wrote:Hi All,

Since 3 years, I have a GenSet MP1002CA.
It's absolutely unofficial, but it's maybe possible, per coincidentally, that I can have access to some copies of this genset done by the help of a big "band".
Is somebody is interested by one ? And at what price (around) ?

The GenSet(original) in run :
I'm trying to get a hold of one of these engines, but they're way too expensive when available.

When I could get one, I would definitely try to model it in 3D.
If someone would make an accurate 3D-model it would indeed be possible to remake it.

I myself would be in to collaborate to make it happen. I think it won't be cheap manufacture.
If you would like to give more information,feel free, I'm interested!